9/23/11

Demi Lovato's rebirth

Once she was a seemingly perfect Disney teen star. Then came a public meltdown and rehab. Now the young performer has channeled her emotional journey back to health into a new album, 'Unbroken.'

Former Disney teen star Demi Lovato is sporting a new, edgier look. She explores her public breakdown and recovery on her new album. (Kirk McKoy / Los Angeles Times)

 



There was always an excuse — a friend to see, a meeting to take, sleep to catch up on.

Only a year ago, Demi Lovato was one of Disney's most bankable teen stars, her every move scrutinized by a team of attentive handlers. Yet when an eating disorder and self-mutilation threatened to derail her career, not even her team could see past her sanguine veneer.

"I had learned how to control and manipulate everyone around me into believing that I was OK," recalled Lovato, who rose to fame as the star of the popular Disney Channel series "Sonny With a Chance." "I'd go to work on my TV show and, instead of getting lunch, I would go get my nails done or go tan or nap or something.... No one was grilling me."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...